Search

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Project 1---(RESULTS)

THE ROSE PATTERN

Well, I have to say it turned out very nicely. The instructions were not to difficult to follow. I had a little trouble in the very beginning of this pattern. I think I wasn't supposed to skip and then do 2 dbl crochets in each space then ch 2 and repeat. It is exactly what I did. Of course that wasn't the instructions. (who knew) However, Rachel the poster of this pattern did give a link to help with the abbrevations, etc... So, guess what? I had to redo it. Once I completed the stitches in row three and rolled up as per the instructions. I was 'pleasantly' surprised. It was quite beautiful. I did have a little trouble with the leaves. I ended up making 4 of them because the first two did not fair well. They looked just awful. So, guess what? I redid them over. Still not happy with the way the leaves turned out. With a lot of practice on this pattern you could easily do this very quickly. It took me overall about 1 1/2 hours to complete this flower. Not to bad considering I had no idea what the heck I was doing...lol It was fun. (I'll post a picture of it as soon as my camera is up and going again. Happy crocheting..:) and thanks Rachel!

No comments:

Post a Comment