Search

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Project 2 (finished)

OK, now that one was a little more difficult. I am not all that skilled, so I had a little bit of an issue with the magic circle. Thanks to that tutorial; I believe her name is Theresa, posted and the other wonderful instructional tutorials. I finally mastered, well more like fumbled my way through the magic circle. I like most of us, have the biggest difficulty with projects right out of the gate- so to speak. Once the horse is running- then we are off like the wind. I guess it just takes lots and lots of practice. Anyway, this project- I ended up doing in two sittings. The arms and legs, which took about 30minutes (give or take) each. The body and head seemed to go a little smoother at this point. These I did today and finished....so now I had all these little body parts all over. (lol) The tutorial helped. Showing me how to sew them all together. Now, this is the issue I had. The stupid head kept falling onto the floor while I was playing this balancing act. Just tell yourself its only yarn they can be smashed and shaped back up. (note: don't stuff the items to much, made it a little harder than it looks. I will have to say all in all. It turned out great. I should have just bought some eyes. Mine look a little off. So, this project took me in total actually; 3-4 hours if I add it all up. It was great late night fun. I enjoyed trying it. By the time I finish doing this. I will be creating my own patterns....or....crocheting like a crazy fool. Check out Theresa's blog she has great instructions very, very, very helpful. You may need it! She is a wonderful teacher of the art of crochet.

No comments:

Post a Comment